Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Open Letter to Chief Justice Roberts

Dear Chief,

I read with great interest that you had to re-administer the oath of office to President Obama after the mix up at the inauguration ceremony.

I have some friendly advice for subsequent inaugurations, as you will likely need to administer the oath several more times before you retire:

WRITE THAT $#!# DOWN NEXT TIME!!!!

You don't have to impress anyone with your memory; you're the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, not a waiter at Chili's.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Me

PS: There is a "Strict Constructionist" joke in here somewhere, but I don't have the energy to knock it out.

Labels:

Comments on "An Open Letter to Chief Justice Roberts"

 

Blogger Anonymoustache said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Dude,
He did it on purpose. A little payback maybe for Obama's 'No' vote during his confirmation. A little jab maybe for the asswhooping his sponsor Dubya took during the campaign and was about to take in the following speech. But basically, a little something to permanently mar a historic day for minorities. A little soemthing that the fundie nutbags can forever hold on to..... "Hey, Obama clearly hesitated during the oath. Toldya he was a dirtbag!"

Just like Cheney's 'pulled back muscle'--- yeah freaking right. I bet Cheney said, "No way I am standing up for a f*cking black president".

If you think Dubya and his entire band of bigoted assholes are not entirely willing and capable of pulling stunts like this you haven't been awake over the past 8 years.

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Dude!

Are you drunk?

Everything I know about Roberts (most of it second-hand personal experience) says that he is a good and decent man, strict constructionism not withstanding. I have no doubt that it was an honest mistake. (Alito, on the other hand, was a little bitch for not coming to the event.)

And I don't think Cheney wanted to go out as Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life." (I stole that joke from Time's Karen Tumulty.)

Seriously. The Bushies are gone now. You have to let some of the hate go. We won (finally). It is time to get on with our lives and fix what was broken.

To paraphrase Jon Stewart: He can't hurt us anymore.

PS: Welcome back.

 

Blogger Anonymoustache said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Robb,
I was being facetious, playing the extreme left-wingnut persona.
I don't think it was intentional, although I can't completely truat or absolve their subconscious thoughts.
And you're mistaking cynicism for hatred. I let the Bushies go years ago actually. Just kept hoping they wouldn't keep screwing us up so badly, that's all.
If you've noticed I barely rant on the Bush admin. My problem has been with the media for not being responsible and objective when and where it counted. I've largely moved on from that too.
Nevertheless, moving on doesn't mean I'm willing to let slide some serious issues for which people need to be held accountable. Getting a decent audit for every dollar that was appropriated for the Iraq war would be a good start. At this point just the amount of missing and totally unaccounted money is larger than the NIH budget I think.

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging