Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Monday, September 22, 2008

On the Financial Crisis

This isn't the kind of I normally write about but I'd just like to go on the record as saying: You want $700 billion dollars with no oversight or accountability? Are you #%@%ing kidding me?

The only people still stupid enough to trust the Bush administration when they say, "Trust us," probably work in the Bush Administration.

I'm glad to see that the Democrats aren't pulling out their usual strategy of wetting themselves and playing dead when the administration wants something and actually trying to find a less panicky, knee-jerk solution. (Chris Dodd, his name is Chris Dodd...) Although, I'm sure there is still plenty of that.

The reduced executive compensation is really a drop in the bucket compared to the real expense of this bailout and a totally political move but I have to say...it's still satisfying to think that people who almost destroyed the world economy with their idiocy and incompetence won't be getting a multi-million dollar thank you at our expense.

I'm sure Paulson and Bush will fight that, though. They won't able to show their faces at the country club ever again!

[P.S. Oil went up $15 a barrel today. Was there a hurricane? Political instability in the Mideast? A terrorist attack? No. No. No. I know I keep harping on this but I really wish people would stop trying to pretend that the price of oil is all based on supply and demand.]

Comments on "On the Financial Crisis"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging