Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Can't Wait for the Debates

McCain really is a poor public speaker, which I just don't understand because he's so much better on The Daily Show and SNL. Apparently, he needs to be doing schtick to be comfortable.

His speech writers kind of suck, too. In his speech tonight, he kept repeating, "That's not change we can believe in." [Almost as brilliant as the Clinton campaign's "Yes we will!" So sad.] The audience was a little slow to catch on to that being an applause line - but then so was McCain. I kept waiting for him to say "That's not change we can believe in; that's change you can Xerox." [Thanks again, Senator Clinton.]

Also, the forced smile was really creeping me out. A little Monty Burns.

Obama breaking into the speech by winning the nomination was fantastic!

When Obama and McCain get on the stage together in the debates (hopefully, in HD), that'll pretty much sink McCain. The contrast between the future and the past will be obvious.

I appreciate the history of this moment in terms of the racial turmoil we've had in this country; however, this is merely a "nice" moment unless he wins in the fall. That's what I'm going to focus on.

I'll enjoy the history of this (and by extension, how far we've come as a nation) once Barack Obama is the 44th President of the Unites States of America.

Labels:

Comments on "I Can't Wait for the Debates"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging