Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Friday, May 09, 2008

Jim Webb for VP

As much as I think he is an excellent Senator for us in Virginia, I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment:

"Obama Should Pick Webb for Running Mate"

I do think it would help him if he would declare his support for Obama already, however.

I also find it deliciously ironic that Webb, who no one had heard of before 2006, would be on a Presidential ticket after beating George Allen, who would be the Republican nominee if Webb hadn't gotten into the 2006 Senate race in the first place. God, that was time well spent.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Jim Webb for VP"

 

Blogger Anonymoustache said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Right on.
And oh BTW, for old times' sake, Hakuna Macaca!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I didn't know Webb was educated in Nebraska. I like it, but I think it's unlikely. I think a "Hillary supporter" such as Wesley Clark or Ed Rendell may happen. I just wish she would drop out already. It makes me nervous to have her "lurking".

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (9:58 PM) : 

Lurking is a good word. She's like a dying vulture.

Wes Clark could happen. I think Rendell burned a lot of bridges with his "white people won't vote for Obama" crap.

She's going to extort (and that's the right word, btw) $10-20 million from Obama before she drops out. In effect, he'll have to finance the campaign of the person who shat on him for four months just to get rid of her.

Sounds like a protection racket to me. It is the Clintons after all.

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Ha! Macaca.

What a jackass that guy was.

 

Blogger Anonymoustache said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Wes Clark wouldn't be too bad, no?
Also, how do you figure HRC is gonna make Obama pay $10-20 mill? I don't think he will agree to anything like that---she's managed to paint herself real ugly to most of the country by now. Also, as is evident by the brilliant campaign Obama's run so far, he has had some really good Chicago-style political mentoring. This should include some serious sweet-smiling hardball tactics too. HRC voters who will not vote for him at this point cannot be won over anyways. I don't think he needs any words/support/endorsement from her, and anything negative she pulls (like her 'wide appeal, err white appeal' stunt) will only sink her further.
No, I think Bill's gonna take on a few speaking assignments to pay off those bills.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I agree Robb, I think he will pay to get rid of her...and it will be worth it. Yesterday, he pretty much said he would consider it. Personally, I would prefer Clark over Rendell, but Rendell can hand him PA and exactly some of the white voters that Hillary is referring to. He knows the art-form of folksy campaign schtick and he has a campaign machine. The problem will be that he publicly praised Farrakhan. The republicans will have a field day with that internet smear campaign. Webb would be my choice, but would you lose his seat to a Republican? How to win Hillary voters....simple...who do you want picking the next Supreme Court appointment? Women will know that this time Roe V. Wade will be on the edge. When it comes down to it, they won't vote against it by voting for McCain.

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I hope he makes Clinton swallow that debt. That's called a "life lesson". It's a fine for being an arrogant, selfish idiot. (She can take a $20M loss, but at least she's not an elitist. Or a secret Muslim.)

I think he would agree to pay off some of it if it would get her out quickly. (It's basically extortion.) But, I think it would hurt his fundraising for a while if people knew that's where the money was going. Plus, you know, you might want to spend some of that money on the FRIGGIN GENERAL ELECTION! All he needs from her is to sit down and shut up.

Rhonda, we have a Democratic Governor (Tim Kaine - also mentioned as a possible running mate, although I don't think he would bring much to the ticket) through 2009 (VA has off, off year elections; so, the next gubernatorial election is in 2009) and he would appoint another Democrat, which would keep the seat for the majority in the Senate. I don't know who that would be or how long the appointee would serve (remainder of term, special election?).

I think Virginia will be in play for Obama but I don't know how much Webb would really help here (people seem to forget that he won the Senate seat by less than 10,000 votes), but he checks all the right boxes for an Obama VP.

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging