Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shotgun Blast

I've got a lot of stuff bouncing around in my head today but I'm feeling to lazy to put together coherent stories or arguments. So, I'm going to use a shotgun approach and try to hit as many things as possible:

Apparently, Bush personally told Ariel Sharon that the U.S. would be OK with Israel expanding West Bank settlements. The illegal expansion of West Bank settlements being one of the main barriers to a two-state solution.

My take: Thanks again, genius.

Muqtada al-Sadr is contemplating pulling back from politics and letting the Mahdi militia go back to full out war on U.S. and Iraqi troops.

My take: Can you say "Surge II: Breaking the Army"? Seriously, the Iranians must just giggle themselves to sleep every night. I'll bet the only thing that scares them is the thought of a new U.S. president.

McCain "condemned" an ad planned by the North Carolina Republican party that shows excerpts from Rev. Jeremiah Wright's inflammatory sermons.
My take: Bull$#!#.

The new Farm Bill is being debated and is going to be delayed again.

My take: Food prices are at record highs and the U.S. government is going to give billions of tax dollars to a few, very rich farmers. The push for more corn and soy bean based fuel seems to be aggravating food shortages around the world. This whole thing is so depressing and because it is filed under "Farm Bill", which most people don't give a damn about, it won't even register. People should be as pissed about this as they are about tax breaks for the oil companies.

And finally, Clinton can't win.

My take: She needs to win 68% of the remaining delegates. Ain't gonna happen. Math doesn't lie.

Comments on "Shotgun Blast"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging