Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Open Letter to the Virginia House on Bipartisan Redistricting Reform

Greetings esteemed members of the Elections subcommittee of the House Privileges and Elections Committee,

I am writing you in regards to the subcommittee meeting to be held tomorrow morning, specifically SB 38 proposed by Creigh Deeds - bipartisan redistricting.

While I personally prefer nonpartisan redistricting, I believe that the current bill is the best option currently at hand to restore some integrity to the democratic process vis-a-vis congressional voting. To design districts to keep incumbents safe so that they do not have to appeal to a broad cross section of the electorate instead of to a hand selected group of like minded voters is anathema to democracy. It facilitates the hyperpolarization of our nation and results in an inability for Congress to accomplish anything of note, including passing a budget, for fear of being ideologically impure.

So, I implore you to allow this bill to come to the House floor for a vote - for the good of our country.

Virginia is watching. (So am I and my comrades in the blogosphere.)

Thank you for your time and your service to our state.
I'll let you know if I get a response.

See Vivian's article on this.

Write them yourself and let them know how you feel: DelCJones@house.state.va.us, DelRBell@house.state.va.us, DelRBrink@house.state.va.us, DelRDance@house.state.va.us, DelJOBannon@house.state.va.us, DelTSuit@house.state.va.us

THIS IS URGENT! THE COMMITTEE MEETING IS TOMORROW AT 7 AM!

Labels:

Comments on "Open Letter to the Virginia House on Bipartisan Redistricting Reform"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging