Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dollar Coin Conspiracy

Apparently, several of the new George Washington dollar coins were struck without "In God We Trust" on the edges.

This is either:

1. Another attempt by the Godless liberal elite who (now) run the country to eliminate religion from public life.

or

2. An attempt to raise interest in a dead horse of an idea that gets trotted out and beaten every several years.

Let me go on record as saying that I believe #2 is the answer. (Seriously, I really do.)

I think we should get rid of the dollar bill because, according to the Government Accountability Office, using coins would save around $500 million a year. [Unfortunately, we whiny Americans don't want to have to carry change. Boo-hoo. I swear we get worked up over the stupidest damn things. But I digress.] However, even I think this is a little too convenient. They are saying it is a quality control issue not a mechanical one. Which means that the QC folks let some slide; but if there is no mechanical problem, how did it happen in the first place!?!

Witness the most boring government conspiracy ever!

Comments on "Dollar Coin Conspiracy"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging