Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Thursday, October 19, 2006

CNN Equates George Allen with (Alledged) Mistress Stranging Congressman

In an interesting piece of reporting, CNN has been equating President Bush coming to campaign today for George Allen with Bush campaigning for Rep. (alleged mistress-strangler) Don Sherwood.

They keep asking if it is wise for him to associate with these two.

That's right: is it wise for a President with a mid-30s approval rating to associate with these two. The inference being that this could hurt his popularity.

Yeeeesh.

Good job on the scheduling by Team Allen,BTW. Nothing will help you like being equated with an adulterous, mistress strangler (alleged).


To contribute to Jim Webb for Senate, click
Bloggers for Webb or
Phone from Home for Jim Webb


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "CNN Equates George Allen with (Alledged) Mistress Stranging Congressman"

 

Blogger Charles said ... (10:58 PM) : 

I'm alleging that you don't know how to spell alleged.

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Damn blogger spell check!

(And my feeble brain.)

Please don't tell my wife, I'll never hear the end of it.

 

Blogger Charles said ... (11:02 PM) : 

BTW, I meant to put a smiley on that.

While I'm here, "alledged" is actually considered by SOME dictionaries as the obsolete but previously preferred way of spelling "alleged".

But nobody uses it anymore, at least no usually on purpose.

Oh, and it's "strangling", not "stranging", although being a mistress-stranger is actually a GOOD thing. I'm a stranger to mistresses. :-)

 

Blogger Tokatakiya said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Yeah, I'm glad that the post I get linked on NLS is rife with typos.

I'd change the spelling in the title but it'll screw up the link.

BTW, I appreciate the etymology. I feel less stupid knowing that someone, somewhere, at some time spelled it that way.

However, I'm still an idiot.

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging