Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Monday, August 14, 2006

YSK: Jim Webb v. George Allen - Virginia Senate Race 2006

I have tried to keep my blogs as apolitical as I could. ROBBLOG is about science and I do not think that science is best served by politicization. This site has also been about conveying information. I'm sure that some people would say I have a certain slant but partisan preaching has never been my goal.

Having said that, you may have noticed that I recently added an ad for Jim Webb for Senate. This is because I believe he would be an infinitely superior Senator to George Allen. I will go into why in greater detail between now and election day (November 7 - mark it on your calender). I was going to announce this with a more substantive explanation of why, but Senator Allen has made a huge mistake.

At a campaign stop, Allen called a Webb campaign worker (a native-born American of Indian descent) "Macaca" and welcomed him to America. According to one blog (that I have been unable to verify from a second source - so grain of salt), "macaca" is a racial slur in Tunisia for dark-skinned people and Allen's mother just happens to be from...(wait for it)...Tunisia.



Honestly, how can anyone want this man to represent them? Racial remark aside, listen to him speak. He can barely form a complete sentence. Nothing he says makes sense. Let's hope this incident opens people's eyes to who George Allen really is.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Jim Webb v. George Allen Archive: August
8.14.2006
YSK: Jim Webb v. George Allen - Virginia Senate Race 2006
8.15.2006
Nyhan on George Allen's Problems with Race
George Allen: Running on his Record?
Pics of the Opening of the Northern Virginia Webb for Senate Office
8.16.2006
Macaca: Day 3
Huffington Post: Only Semi-Incompetent
Wow...Just Wow
8.17.2006
Macaca: Day 4
Jim Webb on Real National Security, Part 1
Jim Webb on Real National Security, Part 2
Fantastic News
8.18.2006
Macaca: Day 5
"The Newshour" Finishes off the Week in Style
YSK: I Amuse Myself
8.19.2006
Here's My Outrage
Macaca: Day 6
8.20.2006
Macaca: Day 7
8.21.2006
The M-Word: Day 8
Jim Webb Stands For: Ethical Stem Cell Research
More Fantastic News
8.22.2006
Another Reason I Love TiVo
Nyhan with More on Allen
Come Tell the President What You Think of His Support for George Allen
I Just Got Back From Phone Banking at Webb HQ
8.23.2006
A Rare Opportunity
Pics From Today's President Bush Breeze By, Part 1
Pics From Today's President Bush Breeze By, Part 2
8.24.2006
Do You Want A Draft in 2007? Decide Now
8.25.2006
The M-Word: Day 12
8.27.2006
"Meet the Press" Moment
8.28.2006
George Allen Keeps Slipping, Webb Keeps Advancing
8.29.2006
This is George Allen's America: Disgusting
Cameras are not George Allen's Friends

Comments on "YSK: Jim Webb v. George Allen - Virginia Senate Race 2006"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging