Follow Tokatakiya on Twitter


Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Another Reason I Love TiVo

Interesting AP article this morning talks about how DVRs are making it easier for people to avoid political ads on TV. This makes actual newscasts (which are often watched live and, thus, no commercial skipping) more important for political advertizing. Not to mention the importance of free exposure on newscasts (I think we all know what I'm talking about here).

So, things like the "Welcome to America" incident, televised debates (particularly nationally televised debates like the upcoming "Meet the Press" debate between Webb and Allen on September 17th) will be even more important than before.

This may have the additional effect of negating some of the advantage a much more well-funded candidate may have (for example, I know I fast forwarded through those George Allen commercials that were on TNT about a month ago - money well spent).

Challengers like Webb need to find more innovative (or even more traditional) strategies than throwing money at TV to get name and message out to people.

To contribute to Jim Webb for Senate, click
Bloggers for Webb


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "Another Reason I Love TiVo"

 

post a comment

View My Stats



ButtonGenerator.com
Politics Blogs
Start Blogging